2.01.2007

 

I Hate Sony.

OK, so while I'm blogging again, something of a more frivolous nature than the School of the Americas. Well, not frivolous, but something of mainly personal and not global relevance.

Here it is: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER count on Sony to honor a rebate promotion. Sony owes me $500 (a promised rebate on a pricey video camera) and apparently has no plans of coughing it up. On October 4 they informed me that my rebate claim was valid and that it could take up to 8 weeks to receive the check.

Nineteen weeks (to the day! I'm counting) later, there is no check. My rebate has been valid for nineteen weeks and they still, when reached on the phone, cannot tell me when a check number will be issued, when the check will be sent, or why it is taking so long.

I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of New York (where Sony's corporate headquarters is located). We'll see if anything comes of it.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?