7.27.2006

 

And if I had academic freedom, what good would it do me?

Loyal readers may have noticed that I haven't been writing much lately. Maybe it's the weather, but I seem to be in an all-around writing block. I'm doing fine at amassing information in the library (except today when I couldn't manage to drag myself in and did internet research instead) but I'm having a hard time wrestling any piece of writing, no matter how short, into a shape I like. This is kind of a problem, since I need to get some things written, and soon, for presentations I have to make in September and early October.

Maybe I should blame it all on Zinedine Zidane. The disappointment, you know, sapped my energy. I was going to write about that, but I couldn't even manage. I was going to write about the new Chicago big box store living wage ordinance and its opponents, but it was all too depressing. (It's not depressing that the ordinance passed. But all the rhetoric on the other side is depressing.) I wasn't going to write about Lebanon. That's too depressing even to contemplate.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?