2.21.2006

 

History Interdisciplinary Study Education Chicago Public Schools Japan

To the young teacher who was sitting with her jerk of a boyfriend in The Grind on Lincoln in Chicago on Sunday:

(I just threw all those words in the title in case the person I'm writing this to googles the topics she was talking about)

I wish I'd said this to you:

YOU HAVE A GOOD IDEA.

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM.

He just can't stand that you're not as complacent as he is, that you have ideas and ideals and optimism.

Maybe he especially can't stand it 'cause you're a girl. I don't know.

But I do know this: You need to talk to someone who won't just tear you down at every turn, who will help you refine your ideas, find allies and collaborators, and make it work, not just raise objection after stupid objection.

I yield the soapbox now.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?