7.07.2005

 

I heart London

Having just posted about London's Olympic future, I feel like I should have something to say about the news today, but I don't have any eloquent commentary. London is a great city, as I was reminded on a recent visit, and I know a lot of people who live or work there, and I'm thinking of them today.

Not necessarily directly related, but also in the news today, as there has been in many recent days, was a rather casual reference to "al Qaeda in Iraq." (In this case, it was about the abduction of the Egyptian envoy.) Somehow we've come to accept, without even thinking about it, that there exists an organization known as "al Qaeda in Iraq." I don't remember hearing any reference in the media to the creation of such an organization. Was there such a thing before the US-led invasion? I don't think so.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?