4.10.2005

 

Aha, so it does work

In one day in Cambridge, I kid you not, we had rain, snow, sleet, and hail. I guess that makes me the US Postal Service. The same day, we also had sun (and wind), though, so I guess I can't complain. Cambridge also has interestingly named traffic control devices: humped zebra crossings and rising bollards. I love England. Now Goatdog and I are in London, where the weather manages to be both hot and cold at the same time. We managed to get into the Caravaggio show at the National Gallery (advance tickets for all time slots are sold out, but if you get there 40 minutes before opening, you can get in at 10) and to see a few favorites in the Sainsbury Wing (and elsewhere). Yesterday we saw the statue of Samuel Johnson's cat Hodge (mentioned before in this blog as "a very fine cat indeed," but I'm not about to link to it right now) in Gough Court off Fleet Street. We had Indian food and yummy noodles at Wagamama and lunch in the crypt at St-Martin-in-the-fields. What else? Today we couldn't get into Westminster Abbey because it's Sunday and closed to tourists. Soon we're off to go book shopping. All for now...

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?