3.29.2005

 

Springtime cat blogging

I know it's spring when Slim the cat looks out the window and makes her little bird call. "Eh'-eh'-eh'." It's impossible to write phonetically. It's like the meow has curdled and broken up in her throat. The question is, is she trying to attract the birds by imitating them? Is she JUST SO EXCITED at seeing the birds that she can't help but cry out, but knows at the same time that she has to be quiet if they're going to come near, so she tries to quash the cry? She wasn't even at the window this time--she was on the ottoman looking up at the windows above the mantel. Maybe it was the sun she was greeting, not a bird at all.

Now she's sitting on my lap right now as I balance my laptop precariously on the end of my knee. With both paws and all her weight, she's trying to hold down my right arm as I try to type. She's purring like a lawnmower.

It's nice that spring is coinciding with school starting up again after the all-too-short "spring" "break." If it weren't for the nicer weather, I don't think I could bear it.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?