2.19.2005

 

Someone at Weekend Edition has a sense of humor

I was so absorbed in watching one of the excellent Red State Road Trip episodes available at Truthout this morning that I wasn't paying attention to NPR when suddenly the theme song of The Prisoner wafted from my radio and Scott Simon said "If you want to see the robot ball, it's on our website." So I looked, and here it is. But it's not Rover, the very terrifying, though somehow dorky, village surveillance system from the classic BBC tv series; it's an actual robot ball to be used for actual surveillance, now. I don't know if this parallel was mentioned in the story, because I wasn't listening to it. If it wasn't mentioned, then kudos to whatever Weekend Edition production person obliquely pointed out that truth has become stranger (and scarier?) than fiction...

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?