12.31.2004

 

jet lag sux

Before I left I asserted cavalierly to all who would listen that I didn't get jet lag going to or from Asia. "Europe is much worse," I claimed, flashing my cosmopolitan credentials.

This morning I was awake at 4am for the second day in a row. Actually, make that the fourth or fifth day in a row, but the first couple days back from Asia I made a vain attempt at going back to sleep. This meant I tossed fitfully, sleeplessly, mind racing anxiously, tempestuously, until 7am or so, whereupon I would fall asleep for five or seven hours, thus further screwing up the next night's sleep schedule.

Yesterday, having mostly recovered from the flu, and having gone to bed at 9:30pm, I made the bold move of not going back to sleep again when I woke up at 4, and then working assiduously all day, thinking that surely that night - last night - I would be so tired that I would get a good, long night's sleep. Ha! I went to bed at 10:30 and again woke up at 4. I guess recovery from the flu is going to have to be measured in hours less than 7 I can sleep at night and still function.

I'm sure this is endlessly fascinating to everybody.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?