11.17.2004

 

Three Little Words

I'm feeling rather unimaginative right now. I could blog about my weekend introduction to gender bias in the world of modern dance (upshot: pretty much like art and art history), or the really interesting dance piece I got to see as a result.

Or I could blog about professional insecurities and annoyances, which are legion.

Instead, I will beg and plead readers (I know some of you are still out there, but you've all stopped commenting) to help me out with a project.

Some collaborators and I do a street action where we stand out at a busy intersection at rush hour once a week (I'm not there every week, but we're trying to be there pretty regularly). We started out with signs that said things like:

Bush: War and Racism
Bush: War and Pollution
Bush: War and Insanity
etc.

Then we had things like

Defend our rights: STOP BUSH
Defend our schools: STOP BUSH

etc.

After the election we decided it was high time for a new set of signs. We'd still like to STOP BUSH, but that rings a little hollow at this point. Taking into account the fact that we live in a heavily Democratic neighborhood, we wanted to do something a little more subtle, or humorous, or thought-provoking -- to get people thinking about what they might do beyond voting. To cheer them up a little in the aftermath of the November Disaster.

We came up with the idea of doing triads of words (or two-word phrases), each one being a question. Some of the words might have more than one relevant meaning. Anyway, I'd love to get suggestions for other combinations, but also feedback on these (which Goatdog, DW, SVO and I came up with):


have to?
be this?
way?

air?
water?
other people?

family?
values?
fun?

health?
body?
politics?

public?
private?
justice?

torture?
nice?
right?

policy?
security?
pizza?

democracy?
democrats?
future?

struggle?
future?
work?

history?
rights?
shopping?

justice?
security?
money?

enough?
enough?
enough?


also, as an extra added bonus, Gaia suggested these:


blue?
red?
US?

Iraq?
Iran?
Korea?

Rice?
Bush?
starving?

Them?
Us?
Anyone?

Is?
This?
America?

Freedom?
Is?
Marching?

ballots?
shredder?
democracy?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?